As you can probably guess from the title I am here and so far it is great! Here are a few high-lights so far:
- Scavenger hunt on the first day to help us find important places. Super challenging to figure it all out using Spanish, but it was great!
- Hiking to a waterfall… one of favorite things to do in the DR.
- Spent lots of time at school and learning spanish 3 per day… crazy… o debo decir loco!
- Went to Young Life club with Emily and got to see 150 Dominicanos act crazy and learn about Jesus.
- And finally, and probably my favorite, I with my roommate walked into a family part yesterday at our host family house! We walked in to our house with no knowledge that a part was happening and spent the next 4 hours hanging out eating, singing, talking, and laughing. It was a great end to my first week.
Please continue to pray for my transition and preparation for the start of the upcoming school year.
Thanks to everyone for all your prayers and support, it means so much!